VtR Character Creation
Approved Book List
- “Can I be from Seattle?” Yes. You need to make sure you were out of town the night of The Vanishing (December 31, 2022) and did not return to the city until July 1st, 2023.
- There is IC story reasoning for this. Please read “Political Landscape” here.
Vampire Creation Rules
In general, we will be using the Rules-As-Written Character Creation rules in Vampire the Requiem 2nd Edition pg 80 to 81. A Quick Reference Guide is available on pg 82.
- Please use this Vampire Character Sheet to create your vampire.
- No Feeding Grounds allowed at Character Creation.
- No City Status (Seattle) higher than 1.
- This is due to the story at the game launch and will be available for purchase through play after sanctioning.
- You can choose City Status in another city though if you’re visiting from one of the other cities. The most useful Cities to choose will be the nearby ones, Portland, OR and Vancouver, BC.
- No Covenant Status higher than 3.
- No Blood Potency higher than 3.
- Lost Clans: The following Clans are allowed from Thousand Years of Night. You play these at your own risk, please know and understand the source material if you choose to play one of these clans.
- The Akud pg 28-29
- The Hollow Mekhet pg 29
- The Julii pg 30
- Pijavica is banned and not allowed for play.
- Bloodlines: You may start in any of the approved bloodlines in the approved books.
- All custom bloodlines need to be approved and submitted as complete write-ups.
- Atargatis is not allowed at character creation but may be joined through play and plot progression. This may change as story progresses.
Ghoul Creation Rules
In general, we will be using the Rules-As-Written Character Creation rules in Vampire the Requiem 2nd Edition pg 297-298, and Chronicles of Darkness pg 24-26. A Quick Reference Guide is available on Chronicles of Darkness pg 27.
- Please use this Ghoul Character Sheet to create your Ghoul.
- Regnant - You must name your regnant, either a named NPC in the Supporting Cast, another Player Character, or one of your creation in your background.
- Merits - Ghoul merits are encouraged, but not required.
- See VtR 2e pg 298-300 for Ghoul & Mortal specific merits.
- See Half Damned pg 122 for additional Ghoul merits.
- Ghoul Families are allowed and encouraged.
Mortal Creation Rules
In general, we will be using the Rules-As-Written Character Creation rules in Chronicles of Darkness pg 24-26. A Quick Reference Guide is available on Chronicles of Darkness pg 27.
- Please use this Mortal Character Sheet to create your mortal.
- 10 Merit Dots - Per EN house rules, you start with 10 dots of merits.
- Mortal Types: At this time, we are allowing mortals with or without supernatural merits.
- Minor Supernatural Templates (A.K.A. Quarter-Splats): We are not allowing Minor Supernatural Templates from Hurt Locker at this time.
- Being in the Know: Use mechanics to represent you being in the know in some way. This can look like Merits, Specialties, Persistent Conditions, or Blood Bonds. Invest in being in the know at creation or learn about it IC.
- See VtR 2e 298-300 for Ghoul & Mortal specific merits.