GUIDE: Earning Beats
Earning Beats on Eternal Noire
A Beat is a point gained for performing certain actions. Five Beats becomes an Experience, which can then be used to purchase new traits, such as Attributes, Skills, Merits, or supernatural powers.
On Eternal Noire, you submit a request for your beats in your character thread. The player is responsible for submitting this request, and the Storyteller is responsible for reviewing it for approval and adding the XP to the character’s sheet.
You gain Beats when your character fulfills one of the criteria below. The WoD Codex also has a Beat Earning Guide Here, but ours is edited based on what we use on Eternal Noire. On Eternal Noire, Venue-Specific beats (like Arcane, Pack, and Practical/Group Beats) are not in use. Instead, they grant regular beats to those specific supernatural characters.
Each of the following IC activities is worth 1 beat, unless otherwise noted:
- Long-Term Aspiration – Making progress towards a Long-Term aspiration. You may claim this at most once per week.
- Goal Progression – Significant Progress towards PC End Goal(s). You may claim this at most once per week.
- New Friend – The first time you meet a new PC, you can claim a beat.
- Scene Participation – Participating in a ST-ran scene.
- Danger Rating – If a scene is rated as dangerous by the ST, you earn beats for the risk (1-3 beats each instance).
- Miscellaneous Beats – An ST in any scene can award Misc. Beats for any reason. These can range in worth (1-5 beats per instance).
- Examples: Plot Advancement, Plot Sharing, ect.
- Running a Scene as a GueST – Worth 2 Beats per scene.
Each of the following OOC activities is worth 1 beat, unless otherwise noted:
- Excellent Community Member
- Referring a new Player who gets a PC Sanctioned. (2 Beats per New Player)
- Being Helpful to fellow Players and/or Staff. (1 Beat per Instance)
- Being Friendly to new players (1 Beat per Instance)
- Active Forum participation (1 Beat per Instance)
- Contributing to the Setting – 1-5 beats per Instance
- Creating a PC-Owned Location (Must be Staff Approved).
- Making a Wiki Page for your PC Location.
- Suggesting a New Chat Room, Selected for use.
- Suggesting a New Location, Selected for use.
- Excellent RP Award
- Player Recommendation (1 beat each instance)
- ST Recommendation. (1-3 beats each instance)
- Excellent Blue Booking (Same as Excellent RP, ST awarded)
- Posting Scene Logs in Your Thread (1 beat each instance)