Instability: An Update!

For everything venue-related, but is OOC.
Hyperion

Instability: An Update!

Post by Hyperion »

So you might be wondering, where did that Instability conversation end up leading towards? Well, dear players it has led here:

I first want to preface. As the book has written it, Instability is a very involved thing for both ST's and Players in a tabletop setting. As such, for chat settings it becomes paperwork dense for both sides. We as ST's found it to be a constant thing on our mind and a producer of stress and felt the need to vacation having instability for a while to find a suitable alternative path to using it, including reaching out to you all. We appreciate all of the responses that we got, and those players that did offer up suggestions, check your ST Giftbox in the coming week or so. That being said, after running the numbers as best as I can, and being honest with myself and Hestia with themselves, we both feel that the adequate solution is this:

All Deviants are thought to be able to maintain themselves at starting, base Instability (Adjusted when Acclimation rises). Any Deviant character may ask in their thread for more Instability for story purposes, or be hit with it as a potential attack which will require potential actions to reduce it back to base. We as ST's will not prevent a Deviant from gaining new Scars / Nesting Scars based upon any instability reason (Lacking etc). Rules for going to End-stage still apply.

We will work in the coming weeks to make sure everyone is set to their considered starting instability, thank you for your patience. Deviant is a broad game, with rules and concepts written into every page, I am currently on full re-read five and still am finding strange combinations of things and rules that cause me to scratch at my head.

Happy Roleplaying y'all!