Finale Plan

For everything venue-related, but is OOC.
Hyperion

Finale Plan

Post by Hyperion »

Hey Guys,

So. Its not hard to see that things have been very quiet on our end. For that, I apologize. Truthfully both myself and Hestia have been hit hard with burnout. We thought we could muscle our way through and make for a strong finish to the game, and found out very quickly that the holiday burnout, was in truth just general burnout. Both of us have had trouble finding our muse and even me writing this has taken a lot longer then I anticipated. Even now, I know I don't have the words to encapsulate how we are feeling, but, that isn't why I am posting this.

We want to ensure that Deviant at least gets its finale. Are there going to be loose ends? Absolutely. A lot of them. From side-plots to personal plots to even plots involved into the main over-arching story, there are going to be loose ends that we won't be able to tie up. But. We do believe that we can make this finale happen. And we have a working plan for it.

Tomorrow, I will be doing all threads, and raising all players to the final cap of XP, in accordance to the accelerated XP table used for the Finale. We are aiming for February the 12th to run our Finale, allowing for three weeks of prep and actions to get through, as well as XP spends and other shenanigans that have been synonymous with deviant. The Finale will almost certainly run long, and there will be a post on this thread, and an IC thread later this coming week, about the Finale and its exact time.

Lastly, again. We are sorry. I don't think either of us expected to get hit with burnout as we did, and even though both myself and Hestia went through some tribulations over the holidays, we had believed that starting in January we could at least start the wrap up. Were now twenty-one days in, and clearly haven't reacted that expectation, let alone the standards set for ST's on EN. But, we will at least ensure that this Finale is as good as we can make it, so there is some endcap... perhaps not a period, but a semicolon: on this story.
Hyperion

Re: Finale Plan

Post by Hyperion »

So! As with all things, Scheduling is always fun! The 12th will not be our date, but the 10th of February!

Start time will be around 4PM Eastern, however! This will work like many scenes, where if you cannot make the start, don't worry you can drop in at any point to join in.

Threads have been touched and all players are brought to cap with the impending timeline of the Finale on the horizon!
LifeWithinYourEyes

Post by LifeWithinYourEyes »

I'm not off work until 7pm EST, and Nomad I think is home at 6pm EST. Will that be too late to join in? I see its set for 8 hours but wasn't sure if that was accurate.
The player of Azlin (CtL), Karina Wynter (GtS), Amaia|Mallory (HtV), and Diana Cromwell (WtF).
Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

LifeWithinYourEyes wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:18 pm I'm not off work until 7pm EST, and Nomad I think is home at 6pm EST. Will that be too late to join in? I see its set for 8 hours but wasn't sure if that was accurate.
It is! The Scene, we expect will take a while, so we are starting early and plan to go late! So you won't be late at all!
Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

Ended up have to split the scene tonight! We will be meeting on the 20th, at 7:30 EST with resuming the scene! Those who didn't make part one are welcome still!