Montauk Crossover Plot Info and Poll

For everything that is full chronicle/crossover related, but is OOC.

What Days Work Best?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:00 pm

Tuesdays at 6pm CST (7pm EST, 4pm PST)
33%
Wednesdays at 6pm CST (7pm EST, 4pm PST)
8%
Thursdays at 6pm CST (7pm EST, 4pm PST)
42%
Saturdays at 7pm CST (8pm EST, 5pm PST)
17%

Total votes: 12

Sehanine

Montauk Crossover Plot Info and Poll

Post by Sehanine »

Hi ya'll! I'm Shakti, mostly seen around as your wiki wizard! But I also have been working up a plot based on some actual conspiracies about Montauk and the former Air Force Base there. I'm really eager to get everyone involved and I hope you'll enjoy the plot a lot!

Venues/Groups Involved: All/Crossover
Type of Plot: Mystery, involving Mental and Social skills with Physical Skills being necessary from time to time
Useful Skills: Academics, Computers, Investigation, Medicine, Occult, Politics, Science; Athletics, Brawl, Firearms, Larceny, Stealth, Survival, Weaponry; Animal Ken, Empathy, Expression, Intimidation. Persuasion, Socialize, Streetwise.
Summary of Plot: Montauk, New York is a village located in the Hamptons on Long Island. A series of strange events follows, starting with the rotation of a radio tower that causes headaches and strange dreams for everyone in town, that will lead to the uncovering of a secret government project that covers not just Montauk and Camp Hero, but also the nearby Plum Island.

Background

The story takes place in Montauk a small village in the Hamptons. There, Camp Hero at Montauk Air Force Base, a decommissioned base that allowed for the state to take over (and make a park) out of the surface area, but for many years rumors and conspiracy theories claim the government continues to run in secret below ground. What goes on below the surface has been the subject of at least one conspiracy theory about the government. According to this theory, the government conducted both legal and illegal research and experiments on their own citizens.

For the most part, none of this has really meant much to the folks living in the village of Montauk, that is, until three events take place within the same week. First, the radar dish turns 90 degrees in the middle of the night, causing many residents to wind up with massive headaches and terrible nightmares. Second, a strange creature washed up on the shore dead, with what looks like burns all over its body. Last, a man stumbled into town, swearing that government officials fifteen years ago kidnapped him and had just escaped.

Storyline Hooks

On the Radar
At the old Camp Hero base, there is a large imposing radar dish that has been there for as long as anyone can remember. No one remembers it moving quite like it’s done in the last month. The radar dish turned 90 degrees. Talk shows are gossiping about it, but no one’s really doing anything, and word on the street is that everyone in the village had horrendous nightmares the night it happened, and a blaring headache that lasted for three days. It baffled doctors as to the cause of these things, but certain things will be fine so long as the dish doesn’t move again.

Strange Creature Washed Up
A strange rodent/dog-like creature washed up on the shore with burn marks all over its body. It has baffled scientists, being unable to determine what species the animal is. Some think it’s a mutated racoon, but it’s got the front teeth of a rodent and hooved feet. What everyone can agree on is that the creature is not natural. Many fear it’s not the first or last of its kind.

Missing People
For as long as Montauk has existed, there have been stories of folks wandering off the path and becoming lost to time. No one really knows the extent of the story, but it’s whispered around the village that it’s true just about any time anyone leaves without warning. Sometimes it’s utter nonsense, like when Jenny Wheeler left town and then showed up on a pilot episode for an NBC sitcom. But sometimes it’s spookily true, like when Greg Edgerton was nine when he went missing and just last week, he stumbled back into the village.

Illegal Experiments
Rumor has it that the strange things that are going on, and have been for as long as anyone can remember, are due to illegal government experiments. No one has any specific proof, but that doesn’t stop the conspiracy theorists from coming to the island to prove things, or the sci-fi books to not use the name for their plots. Many of the townsfolk are tired of being known for that, but after the recent events, more folks are starting to wonder if those theorists might be right.
----------------------------
I have included a poll for everyone to vote on what days/times work best. You can choose up to 3 options and the poll will run for 5 days, upon that day I will post a scene date to get things started here and to the calendar. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me by FPM or PM on the chat.

IC Post: viewtopic.php?t=831
Sehanine

Re: Montauk Crossover Plot Info and Poll

Post by Sehanine »

Alright, Thursday has the most votes for scene days, but this week on Thursday there's already a crossover scene so I'm going to get started on Tuesday which is the second most popular day, and then going forward after that we'll be on Thursdays (starting in December since the week after is Thanksgiving week).

Thank you all for taking the time to vote, can't wait to see you all IC!
Sehanine

Post by Sehanine »

Scenes from now through December are now on the calendar!
Sehanine

Post by Sehanine »

For an extra beat, please fill this out prior to the scene: The Crossover Combat Sheet
While I don't anticipate combat today, just in case it happens, this will be useful!
Sehanine

Post by Sehanine »

Shakti wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:25 pm For an extra beat, please fill this out prior to the scene: The Crossover Combat Sheet
While I don't anticipate combat today, just in case it happens, this will be useful!
This time combat will happen so please make sure the sheet above is filled out and ready to go, those that do will earn a free beat!
Aeveth

Post by Aeveth »

Just a heads up, I might be late for the scene, don't know by how much.

The reason is that I got a temp job in a warehouse, they need extra hands and I like extra money.

On the downside however is that it's a bit away from home and I'm accident prone....so many paper cuts.

TPO - Kenneth Vega
Sehanine

Post by Sehanine »

Aeveth wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:33 pm Just a heads up, I might be late for the scene, don't know by how much.

The reason is that I got a temp job in a warehouse, they need extra hands and I like extra money.

On the downside however is that it's a bit away from home and I'm accident prone....so many paper cuts.

TPO - Kenneth Vega
No worries, just join when you can!
Luna

Post by Luna »

Hello!

We just wanted to give you all a heads up that Shakti is going to be running an hour late tonight, so the scene will be starting later.

If there are any further updates we will be sure to let you know here, and on the chat.

Happy Role Playing!
Sehanine

Post by Sehanine »

If you need to update anything on the combat sheet, please do so before the scene starts! The Crossover Combat Sheet
Sehanine

Post by Sehanine »

Alright folks, tomorrow is our next scene and it is guaranted combat! With that in mind please fill out the Montauk Chronicles: Madness & Dreams Combat Tracker. Doing so prior to the scene tomorrow will earn you 1 beat!

Can't wait to see you all!