Instability: A Conversation

For everything venue-related, but is OOC.
Hyperion

Instability: A Conversation

Post by Hyperion »

Hello Deviants!

It is not surprising that there is a much-needed conversation that needs to be had about Instability. To put it short, myself and Hestia are working out several different ways to better approach Instability in a way that is less of a workload or potential workload on us but remains part of the game as it is a core mechanic that is necessary. While we work on better wording these ideas, we would love to hear your thoughts on Instability, both just raw thoughts on the mechanic, and any ideas you might have about keeping the mechanic around!

Expect us to have our thoughts laid out, in this post, in about one to two days!
Nomad

Re: Instability: A Conversation

Post by Nomad »

Gaining Minor Instability
- 1 Minor Instability a Week
- +1 if you are active with your scars (through Bluebooks)

Healing Minor Instability
- 1 Minor Instability through a quick thread action.
- 1 Increasing a Scar
- 1 Interacting with a Loyalty Touchstone.

Gaining Medium Instability
- Per Scars, only in ST Scenes
- Minor Instability Rollover

Healing Medium Instability
- Gain a new scar ( Once a Month - this lets people semi-control getting new scars for character growth)
- Considerable work towards a Conviction TouchStone (In Scene or Thread Action - If you're not sure if it qualifies, ask after the ST's have passed out beats.)

Gaining Major Instability
- Serious disruptions in your ability to maintain your cohesion, either by Scar or by Conspiracy impact.

Healing Major Instability
- Impacting your Conviction Touchstones in a way that cannot be reversed. Destroy/Kill one, Severely Inhibit the Conspiracy itself, et cetera.
The player of Asher (Sin-Eater), Foster (Wolfblood), Ɔɥǝsɥ(Changeling), Macario (Hunter) and Vicky (Vampire)
volklore

Post by volklore »

I think just doing a monthly here's what I've been doing to keep my Instability down post could work, if you opt not to do it, then you get your monthly Instability, if you do, then you break even.
Aeveth

Post by Aeveth »

I don't know if this discussion is over already, but since I at least haven't heard about a new ruling about this, I would suggest a way to at least help manage this, basically the honor system, let every player manage their own Instability, plus any other rules that are decided to help manage it, but if you let each player manage their own Instabiltiy it won't be a burden for the ST team, and keeping track of how much instability is healed can be dealt with by thread actions, just have the player make a note about their intention to heal instability with an action.
Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

We have been working on things, especially myself working on trying to run the numbers on the mechanical side and then taking into account the Story matters as well as paperwork. I am hoping to have an answer this week, a little over a month later. Regardless. If any deviant would like their Instability this month, just let us know in your threads! This is for this month only, as there will be a resolution soon...TM.