New Player Here

For player self introduction posts, schedule changes, planning, looking for group, or general discussions.
Pruitt-OoC

New Player Here

Post by Pruitt-OoC »

Greetings,
I'm new! I registered (forum and wiki) earlier today. I am looking to play Requiem to start out with. The sheet is getting close to being done. I am looking to hammer out a few more things, like ties with the setting/npcs/pcs. I haven't had the chance to actually talk to anyone. I tried to register a chat profile, but I did something that it didn't like and it didn't work. I am currently under the impression that it's because I don't have a character yet?
Anywho, I reckon I'm looking for help getting connected with other people in the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Hit me up! I'll try to act like I know how to use a forum.

-Pruitt
moonkitten

Re: New Player Here

Post by moonkitten »

Hello and welcome to EN!

The New Player Guide on the website is a great source of help, if you have not looked it over yet, I would definitely do that!

As for the chat you don't need to have a character to register for it, you would just create an OOC login, with like your Forum handle you use here, if you wanted to.

Here is a quick rundown on how to create a Chat Login for EN:
  • Full Name = Your online user name, ex. IHeartOtters. Or your Character name, ex. Jessica Jones. Or your real name, if you'd like to use that, but you don't have too.
  • Email address = Whatever email address of yours you want to use.
  • Username = Whatever username you want here, ex. IHeartOtters, JessicaJones.
  • EN Forum Username = Whatever username you use on the EN Forums. For example if it is IHeartOtters, then that is what you put there.
  • Password = Create a password for the account.

And then hit Register and that should do it!
If you have further issues, I would suggest taking a screen shot of it and posting it in the Technical issues section to get some help with it.

As for getting connected with other people in the game, if you are looking to make a Vampire, you could post your idea/concept you have in this thread in the Vampire section of the forums: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=78

Also logging into the chat to talk to other players is always a good way to get connected, and if you have any questions about the Vampire venue, you can always FPM (Forum Private Message) the Vampire STs. And that is The Dagda, currently.

Hope this helps you out, and welcome to EN!
Serena (CtL) ~ Melina Cenaj (HtV) ~ Beatrix Hart (VtR)
LucienFeres

Re: New Player Here

Post by LucienFeres »

One issue which I ran into was the formatting of the Username field. It didn't tell me that was the problem, but after bashing at several things repeatedly which turned out not to be the problem, that's what it was. The Username field doesn't seem to like characters such as _ - etc, and spaces are a definite nono.

So if you were specifically trying Pruitt-OoC as the Username, punch it in as PruittOoC and see if Bob's your uncle.